anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

HI guys,

wondering if anyone has seen this error before. I am attempting to pxe boot a hyperV virtual machine and complete a build and capture. It successfully formats the disk and gets to the applying operating system stage and then halts. This is what is listed in smsts.log

-Failed to save the current environment block. This is usually caused by a problem with the program.

The parameter is incorrect (Error:80070057)

Failed to presist execution state. Error:80070057

-Failed to save execution state and environment to local hard disk

Niall, after spending another hour on the issue i managed to find a resolution to that error. For future reference for anyone with this issue:

Error: Failed to save the current environment block (Error:80070057)

Resolution: This is due to the wrong password being entered in the Network Access Account.

Is there a way to "pause" the Build & Capture task sequence so I can make customizations and then resume the Task Sequence?

I was "taught" to create a Task Sequence within MDT and I can perform cutomizations while in pause.

The problem I am facing is when I deploy that image via regular ConfigMan2012 Task Sequence is that after the deployment the computer is joined to the domain

as a different computer name. :(

I found this by verifying the NetSetup.log. The computer has a name of MININT-AA1234 but in AD it is joined as WIN-87KJH.

When I try to log-in with a domain account I get the "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relation."

Hi anyweb

i followed the steps but it doesnt work.

firstly I have dc01, dc01 (with AD and DHCP) and SCCM all in hyperv,, the servers is on different subnet than workstation,, i give the servers a static ip because the servers subnet without dhcp. so when I created hyperv virtual machine and run it,, it cant get an ip from dhcp..

how to connect dhcp with WDS in SCCM?

the servers is on different subnet than workstation,

the client needs to be on the same subnet if you want PXE to work, is it ?

the client needs to be on the same subnet if you want PXE to work, is it ?

what do you mean by client? is it the hyperv workstation or the user computer??

if you mean the hyperv which i have my servers its on the same subnet with SCCM,, but the computers are not on the same subnet,, btw i have configured ip helper