anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Step 8. Create a Build and Capture Task Sequence
Tip: you could create a Configuration Manager Client Package from Defintion if you want to have control over the abilit to access this content directly from a distribution point. The built in package does not give you this flexibility as all options are greyed out.

What is the best way and how do I do this? I've been searching the web for a while now and all I can find is reference to do this, but not actually how. Thanks

in packages choose Create Package From Definition and select your client package listed in the window *choose the latest option from the list*, select always obtain source files from ...and then select Network Path (UNC name) as the type and click on browse, browse to your sites SMS directory (SMS_xxx where XXX=the SMS site code)

eg: \\server\sms_XXX\Client

continue through the wizard choosing 'no program',

create package from definition.png

once done, distribute to your distribution points, and use that client package in your task sequences, is that enough info ?

Hi,

thanks for the great and helpful guide.

But right now I am stuck in step 11 with an error I have so far not found any solution for.

An error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer (0x80004005).

The smsts.log on the client has the following errors:

cannot load XML reply TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)
oPolicy.RequestPolicy((GetPolicyFlags() & POLICY_SECURE) != 0, (GetPolicyFlags() & POLICY_COMPRESS) != 0), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\tspolicy.cpp,2130) TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)
Failed to download policy P0120001-P0100001-6F6BCC28 (Code 0x80004005). TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)
(*iTSPolicyAssignment)->GetObjects(pszClassName, aTSPolicyObjectArray ), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\tspolicy.cpp,1223) TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)
m_pPolicyManager->GetObjects( TS::Policy::TaskSequence::GetClassNameW(), TS::Policy::TaskSequence::GetPolicyCategory(), TS::Policy::TSPolicyAssignment::POLICY_TS_FOR_CD_AND_PXE, aTSPolicyObjectArray ), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmbootstrap\tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp,1246) TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)
Exiting TSMediaWizardControl::GetPolicy. TSPxe 14.02.2014 08:41:09 1016 (0x03F8)

Attached is the complete logfile.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Bjorn

smsts.log

the error in your screenshot doesn't match the errror in your log file, however, using CMTRACE to decode the error (error lookup under tools) we can see that the error means

The network path was not found.

Source: Windows
-----

so it can't save your captured wim file as it cannot find that network resource, have you correctly created and verified the network access account ?

My task sequence doesn't seem to be attempting to upload the .wim file to the folder share set in the TS. I can't seem to find where in in the smsts.log where it's trying either. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to easily find this information in the log?