anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Hi,

I've successfully built and captured an image however when Capturing the Reference Machine it is Capturing volume 2 of 2 and to Capture volume 1 of 1. The reference machine is a Hyper-V Virtual Machine.

Do you know why it is Capturing volume 2 of 2 and how I can change it to Capturing volume 1 of 1? I have a feeling that is going to cause issues with deploying an image with an MDT Task sequence and the OS installing on the D: drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

it's no problem, you can always decide which index of the captured image (1 or 2) you wish to apply in the Apply Operating System step.

I appreciate the quick response.

And you do that by editing the Build and Capture Task Sequence? Would you happen to know where to change that?

I used that built image in my MDT Task Sequence and its still applying the image to the D: drive. I've followed your other posts on this subject, made the suggested changes but no luck.

Thanks again for your help.

Do you know if capturing Volume 2 of 2 will affect what drive the OS will install during and MDT Task Sequence? I’m trying to avoid installing the OS on the D: drive. I read that the imaged captured during a Build and Capture will resolve that issue.

I appreciate the quick response.

And you do that by editing the Build and Capture Task Sequence? Would you happen to know where to change that?

I used that built image in my MDT Task Sequence and its still applying the image to the D: drive. I've followed your other posts on this subject, made the suggested changes but no luck.

Thanks again for your help.

see here, just place it before the Apply Operating Image step in your Build task sequence

build windows 8.1 x64.png

Unfortunately that didn't resolve the D drive issue. I believe I've tried everything.

1. Captured image using MDT

2. Edited Task Sequence - Format and Partition Disk - BDEDrive (Primary) - Checked Do not assign a drive letter to this partition

3. Added OSDPreserveDriveLetter = False before Apply Operating System Image

Is there anything I am missing?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I've been working on and off on this for several weeks and I'm about to go mad :( .