anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

Ah, I noticed that the Task Sequence, under Apply Operating System Image - Apply operating system from a captured image looks like:

Image package: Window 7 Enterprise x64 (the name I gave the operating system in SCCM 2012)

Image: 1 - WIN7ENTX64DDrive

I'm guessing the image capture in MDT didn't work accordingly. It should read 1 - WIN7ENTX64CDrive.

change your step 1 above to captured in Configuration Manager (try using the capture media method i've posted here)

it will work fine then

Followed the Above Steps But im getting PXE Boot Issue: Please find the below image for ERROR:

My test machines cannot PXE boot.
My lab environment is very simple:

10.10.0.0/24 subnet

10.10.0.5 = Server2012, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server 2008 R2 Sp2

10.10.0.7 = Server2012, SCCM2012

All machines are Oracle VM Box virtual machines connecting through the same virtual network.

Setup the PXE service from DP properties. I let SCCM install WDS. WDS in Server Manager does not have a server node, but the WDS service is running. DP PXE tab is configured as follows:
"Enable PXE support for clients" is checked
"Allow this distribution point to respond to incoming PXE requests" is checked
"Enable unknown computer support" is checked
"Require a password when computers use PXE" is not checked
"User device affinity" is set to "Allow user device affinity with automatic approval"
PXE is configured to respond on all network interfaces
The PXE server response delay is 0 seconds

The DHCP server has options configured as follows:
Option 66: 10.10.0.11
Option 67: smsboot\x86\wdsnbp.com

Both DP and MP on SCCM server are configured for HTTP.

Both x86 and x64 boot images have been distributed to DP. The media was updated after PXE was enabled on the DP.

Both x86 and x64 boot images have "Deploy this image from the PXE service point" enabled on the Data Source tab of their properties.

For SCREENSHOT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36mqRWoDg_GRnRXc2VJcVZEVUU/edit?usp=sharing

SMSPXE.Log

<![LOG[Client boot action reply: <ClientIDReply><Identification Unknown="0" ItemKey="16777219" ServerName=""><Machine><ClientID/><NetbiosName/></Machine></Identification><PXEBootAction LastPXEAdvertisementID="" LastPXEAdvertisementTime="" OfferID="" OfferIDTime="" PkgID="" PackageVersion="" PackagePath="" BootImageID="" Mandatory=""/></ClientIDReply>

]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.346-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:6544">

<![LOG[08:00:27:61:59:79, BF2ACCDD-1455-E149-963C-9A845B9C111E: no advertisements found]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.346-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="database.cpp:483">

<![LOG[08:00:27:61:59:79, BF2ACCDD-1455-E149-963C-9A845B9C111E: No boot action. Aborted.]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.441-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="database.cpp:483">

<![LOG[08:00:27:61:59:79, BF2ACCDD-1455-E149-963C-9A845B9C111E: Not serviced.]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.441-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="database.cpp:483">

<![LOG[Client boot action reply: <ClientIDReply><Identification Unknown="0" ItemKey="16777219" ServerName=""><Machine><ClientID/><NetbiosName/></Machine></Identification><PXEBootAction LastPXEAdvertisementID="" LastPXEAdvertisementTime="" OfferID="" OfferIDTime="" PkgID="" PackageVersion="" PackagePath="" BootImageID="" Mandatory=""/></ClientIDReply>

]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.705-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:6544">

<![LOG[08:00:27:61:59:79, BF2ACCDD-1455-E149-963C-9A845B9C111E: no advertisements found]LOG]!><time="15:05:09.705-330" date="07-07-2014" component="SMSPXE" context="" type="1" thread="13592" file="database.cpp:483">

Hi anyweb,

First, thanks for great articles. They have really helped us get our SCCM infrastructure in and running. I am at the point where WSUS is running smoothly and am about to try and do the WDS migration from one of our old win 2008 R2 boxes but I am a bit stuck. I only have 1 SCCM server and it's going to hold all roles (we only have 150 users). I have added the DP and configured it as best I can. I have made sure that the servername is a member of local admins but I don't have any boot images present. Also if I look at my folder structure there are folders in the right place (SMSPKGE$ and SMSSIG$) as well as a 'RemoteInstall' folder but they don't contain anything useful. Have I missed a step where se import the boot images? I have tried to remove the DP as well as WDS and then re-add it (I let WDS install automatically).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I look under Dist Status/DP COnfig status I have all success messages (6 in total). I have enabled PXE and Multicast although I don't think this is crucial to get boot images. Hopefully it's something simple!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Peter, thanks for the response. This is the first (and only) DP and the boot images are not listed so there is nothing for me to select. It is the primary site server, we only have one for SCCM and one for SCOM.

Any idea's.

P.S. I remember getting a lot of scripting help from your site a lifetime ago! Edit, not that was robvanderwoude sorry :)

Cheers,

Chris

First Thanks for all the info here. Question: Using my lab which is SCCM 2012 R2 CU3, do I still use OSDPreserveDriveLetter when using Build and Capture for a Windows 7 x64 image? I am using Build and Capture with a VMWare setup. Also, what is the best example to use to push a build to a VMWare machine. I am going to build the Windows 7 x64, but I am not sure how out of date your examples are since I am using R2 instead of SP1.

Thanks

Hi guys

I can PXE boot a physical laptop just fine but for some reason my hyper v VM reboots just after the checking networks screen, im guessing i need to add the hyper v vm network drivers to the boot image but im not sure what driver it is i actually need? The VM is running on a dell laptop

Any ideas?