anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1

I am having an issue with distributing the 64-bit boot image to my secondary site distribution points. I have the following setup:

• Primary Site
    1. Secondary Site 1

2. Secondary Site 2

The boot image is distributed to one of the secondary site distribution sites fine. The only error I see is "Failed to save content status" and "Distribution Manager failed to save package status for package. It looks like it could be a SQL error but I have no SQL issues. I am able to connect to the secondary site database from the primary site. Any suggestions?

distmgr.log is as follows:

STATMSG: ID=2301 SEV=I LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER" SYS=PRDSCCMBHM02.askcts.com SITE=BHM PID=2496 TID=3736 GMTDATE=Fri Oct 19 17:46:01.871 2012 ISTR0="Boot image (x64)" ISTR1="BHM00004" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=1 AID0=400 AVAL0="BHM00004"

I've tried to redistribute the content through the Boot image (x64) properties but am having the same error. It's important to note that the Boot image (x86) worked fine for all of my distribution points.

Anyweb,

I hope you can help me.

I have followed your PXE guide and got my machines to boot and display a list of available OS' to install all good.

The problem I have is I cannot get unknown machines to PXE Boot.

If I import the computer information and add that object to a collection that has the installation task deployed to it then it all works fine, but I have also deployed these same tasks to the "All Unknown Computers" collection and when I boot a device that is not in SCCM i just get post-17957-0-05220600-1350985088_thumb.png

The only way I can really make this PXE boot work in our organisation is to be able to boot unknown devices and install them onto the network.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Great guides btw.

Vince

Anyweb,

I hope you can help me.

I have followed your PXE guide and got my machines to boot and display a list of available OS' to install all good.

The problem I have is I cannot get unknown machines to PXE Boot.

If I import the computer information and add that object to a collection that has the installation task deployed to it then it all works fine, but I have also deployed these same tasks to the "All Unknown Computers" collection and when I boot a device that is not in SCCM i just get post-17957-0-05220600-1350985088_thumb.png

The only way I can really make this PXE boot work in our organisation is to be able to boot unknown devices and install them onto the network.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Great guides btw.

Vince

Hi!

Just make the deployment available to all "unknown computers" collection :)

if you are getting abortpxe error messages then look at the all systems collection do you see any 'unknown' records there ? if so, delete them and try again

I am receiving a task sequence error 0x80004005? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Once, I made it past this particular error and during the installation it errored out again with error 0x8007002.

UPDATE: I've attached my smsts.log file.

I've noticed a couple of errors in my smsts.log file:

1. unknown host (gethostbyname failed)
  2. sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7
  3. Failed to get information from MP: http://SCCM01.contoso.com. 80072ee7

I have no idea how the 3rd error is even listed. SCCM01.contoso.com is in my development environment and has nothing to do with my production environment, in fact, they aren't even on the same network.