tsdsr

Automatic Updates - Suppress restart

Hi,

I'm just looking for some clarification on Auto Updates and suppressing restarts. I am just testing the updates but have a couple of users that a being prompted for a restart but would like for them to never be prompted and let their nightly shutdown perform that purpose.

I created a TEST Windows 7 Auto Update Rule some time ago and this rule generated a TEST Windows 7 Software Update Group. When looking for the suppress option I noticed there is a User Experience settings for the properties on the auto deployment rule, so I set these for Software Install, and Suppress for Servers and Workstations.

When I looked at the Software Update Groups I also noticed User Experience settings for the deployment.

What is the difference between the user experience settings under the properties of the Auto Deployment Rule and user experience settings under the properties of the deployment from Software Update Groups?

Cheers,