Davidsod

Deploying Visual Studio 2012 With SCCM 2012

Hello Everyone!

I'm very new to SCCM 2012, so please explain detailed as possible.

I'd like to deploy Visual Studio 2012 using SCCM 2012 (which was downloaded from MSDN).

I've being trying to search the internet and Windows-Noob web, but i couldn't find instructions to deploy it.

I've only find articles on VS2010 or SCCM 2007 (for example microsoft's msdn: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee225239.aspx )

which wasn't understandable enough.

I'm familiar with creating other applications (mostly msi based) and deploying them as a push installations and as a part of a complete task sequence of installing new computer, but i don't how to install visual studio 2012 with SCCM 2012.

I'll be grateful if someone will be kind and write me general step by step post on deploying VS2012 with SCCM 2012.

Thank you very much,

David.

• Like 1

Hey

I have now included a Step-by-Step guide to doing this with Configuration Manager 2012 and the 'Application' method:

http://wp.me/p2m1uI-6K

Hello !

I would like to do this myself but they want Visual Studio 2015 with update 1

Can I follow this guide for that VS version or is it different?

Also if the labs I need to push it out to already have .NET 4.5 do I need to still package it up and deploy ?