sdrichard

PXE DP - Out of Space

Discovered this morning that my PXE DP is out of space. I searched high and low for any large files, which resulted in none. Selected all files and folders and that resulted in 16gb out of 60gb. Found a KB article from MS stating this issue for Self-Signed Certs. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2713467

So now I have 40-45gb of files that I cannot access. We have tried to view the files in powershell, cmd shell, booted the server into a PE...everything bombs out. Looking at my local system, I navigate to that path and there a few files there with a size avg of 1-2kb. Does anyone know what would happen if we were to delete the files? Im hoping we could try and delete the folder and see how far it can get.

Also found out the hard way that if you try to look in the folder to view those files, it asks for administrator permission. WDS service ended up in error after this. In my case when I clicked OK, it wiped out all the security on that folder and replaced it with my domain admin account as full control. Had to go back in and give the System account permissions and my WDS started working again.

Hi,

I'm no expert but we have just been deleting them. I had 10gb worth of 2k files....so heaps.

From what I understand you are right in that it is self-signed certs. It creates a few files every time you get a pxe query going to it I think. I'm hoping SP1 might fix this - but for now just delete them every week or so.

We can't use a different CA to head offices (different domain) due to our wireless certs coming from them and Win 7 is a pain for wireless cert selection. Windows 8 lets you assign a cert with an SSID....and looks like it might be feasible.

None that I am aware of yet - still only have "converted" about half (500) of our systems to SCCM management. But all looks good, mix of laptops/desktops - they behave themselves, will redeploy nicely if you clear last pxe advertisment etc...

I think it's just crypto pairings/pxe session info that's used for that particular time (don't hold me to that).

Greg