edie209

WinPE NIC driver for Lenovo desktop

I have almost deployed my entire network using SCCM2012 however I have a couple Lenovo desktops on site and they use a Realtek PCIe GBE family NIC, and I can't find a driver to enable me to image them. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and found an answer.

Are you having problems importing the drivers to the boot img? I recently added drivers for Lenovo laptops to my PE , i needed to rename the .inf files to get it working because the boot.wims never like when you have multiple drivers for the same NIC.

So the drivers on x64 and x32 thats is located on the lenovo site does not work?

You could try this.

Add the drivers to a USB drive,

Boot into winPE

F8

drvload "e:drivers\nic\mynic.inf" (obviosly use the path yo the driver on the usb)

then do a ipconfig until u find the right drivers.

Good luck!

I recently injected a driver named "Realtek PCIe GBE family" into our boot-image to make some Lenovo models work. I used the driver from:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/g3r104ww.exe

You can find it if you search for L430 at their pages.

Remember not to inject the whole blob while you import the drivers. You'd want to import them first, then browse through the drivers to find the correct one "RealTek PCI GBE Family Controller". There should be 2 (one for x86, one for x64), you'd probably want to use the x86 one (since your boot-image is likely x86).