anyweb

how can I Pre-Provision BitLocker in WinPE for Windows 8 deployments using Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 ?

All right, i have successfully integrated that to our Windows 7 deployment sequence. I love it. it's pretty quick.

The only problem i have is that the drive label is set to MININT-XXXXXXX, bacause the computername is not set while the encryption starts. Is there any way to avoid this?

Ther recovery key is not the problem. It gets stored in the AD during the "enable bitlocker" step, which is one of the last steps in the sequnce, where the name is already properly set.

The Disk Label name is set when the disk encryption starts and contains the computer name. The only solution would be to change the computer name during the PE phase, which is not possible as far as i know. :mellow:

The partition label is neither the problem. Just the bitlocker drive label wich is a combination of computername and partition label. The bitlocker drive label is shown in the PIN dialog after booting the machine. That's where the users read the machine name from if the help desks asks them, in case they forgot their PIN.