anyweb

How can I deploy a Hidden task sequence in Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

<![LOG[Provided preferred deployment CR320028 is not found among the available deployments.]LOG]!><time="07:59:12.365+240" date="08-12-2014" component="TSPxe" context="" type="3" thread="964" file="tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp:1502">

there you go !

so is this computer in a collection targeted by that depoyment above and is the deployment deployed with a purpose of hidden

So I deleted the deployment to all unknown computers and created a new deployment pointing to the All Systems collection it's now working. Very weird since these devices are brand new out of the box and definitely unknown. Anyway working as I need it to now. Thanks.

check Devices under assets and compliance,

do you see a whole bunch of UNKNOWN objects (please do NOT delete the UNknown Computers collections)

you can delete all the unknown devices (not the collections) then try again, 1 shown below but i've seen up to 91 in our production environment....

unknown.png

I had done that already. What I found is that the two built in Unknown Computers (x64 and x86) are also in the All Systems Collection. Not sure if that collection is taking precedence or what. The machines are definitely unknown, brand new out of the box. Very strange but deploying to All unknown just won't work, only All systems.

If you use/have PowerShell built into your WinPE image, you could avoid using any files at all with this one-liner in the "Prestart command settings">"Command line" box:

powershell.exe -noprofile -command "$TSEnv = New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment;$TSDeploymentID = Read-Host 'Enter the TS Deployment ID: ';$TSEnv.Value('SMSTSPreferredAdvertID') = $TSDeploymentID"

Partly leaving this here so I can find it in future. 😛