silverhand

Urgently Need Help for SCCM 2007 Image Capture

Dear guys,

Sorry for another question post. I have done the image capture for my school machine, I thought it would be included all current installed software on that machine. But when I deploy the image to another machine, it was the same the original image without the software.

I captured the image from a good client machine by removing it from domain, and process the capturing from the DVD. The image WIM file is really big, but after installation on another machine, it was exact the same our old image in 2011.

Is it because of my WIM image file or is there anything wrong with my booting or reimaging process?

Hoping you guys can help me to sort out this problem. Thanks you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Just Update the post!

I have recaptured the image from client machine with all necessary software (I did installation for Media class with multiple graphic applications). Import the new image to SCCM console, don't forget to update your Booting image and your task sequence with suitable OS image. Thanks you!

Have you only recently started doing OSD with SCCM? Did you use to do 'traditional imaging' using tools like Ghost?

I guess due to the way that you get a machine setup, then remove from the domain and then capture the image with everything on it. This is not best practice for a clean, problem free WIM. I would recommend capturing a base image from scratch WITHOUT it joining any domain, add each application to the Task Sequence of your base WIM only if you are sure its not likely to change in the next 6 months or so. Its defaintely worth putting the time in to do that.

Then any remaining apps that change frequently (Flash player, windows updates, things like that) should be included in your main deployment TS and will be up to date with each new OS deployment (as long as you update the packages to their latest versions of course).

• Like 1