keywan

SCCM 2012 problem

Hi all,

Hi,

There are so many conflicting postings on the web about SQL 2008 R2/SCCM 2012 install and I am lost where to go.

I installed SQL 2008 R2 SP2 on windows 2008 completely patched using Domain admin account. I made sure to specify SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS for Server Collation for the instance I created and I added computer account to local admin group. I checked Install account permisions on the databse instance and it has sysadmin role. Still my prerquest fails with the follwings:

- SQl Server service running account Error

- Rquired SQL server Collation

- SQL server sysadmin rights error.

Thanks for the help

And added a new user named SMSadmin

What is here wrong? Do I have forgotten something?

best Regards

Nick

Are you sure you are pointing to the right SQL instance? you could doublecheck the collation via the SQL, Management studio.

SQL server sysadmin rights error = Add the Machine account to local admin group on the SQL machine.

SQl Server service running account Error = change from local system to a domain account running the sql service.

Good luck!