MadJax

Error code 0x80070490

Question

Hi all

I am new to this forum.

I have this problem with a Lenovo Thinkpad T410s. When trying to reinstall it through SCCM 2007, it gives the task sequence error 0x80070490. I searched Google and found that it could be something with a partition. However I have wiped all partitions on the harddrive and I still get it. I tried looking in the logs, but doesn't seem ti find anything.

Other computers work just fine to reinstall (through same cable n' everything)

Last thing I did was to delete the computer from the SCCM and imported in again, but I still get the exact same error. It comes directly in the beginning after putting in my password and choosing task sequence.

Also tried full format of drive from a linux live CD, but no :(

My skills in SCCM aren't that deep, but I have access to everything in it.

I hope any of you can help me

cheers!

/MadJax

9 answers to this question

Found this on the advertisement:

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Format and Partition Disk) in the group (New Computer Only) with the error code 2147943568

Action output: ==============================[ OSDDiskPart.exe ]==============================

Command line: "osddiskpart.exe"

Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\x64\1033\TSRES.DLL'

FALSE, HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\diskutils.cpp,1386)

CDisk::GetDiskSize(oDisk.getIndex(), cbDiskSize), HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osddiskpart\main.cpp,691)

LoadDiskConfiguration(oDisk), HRESULT=80070490 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osddiskpart\main.cpp,1412)

Invalid disk number specified: 0

Invalid configuration specified. Please ensure that the task sequence is properly configured.

OSDDiskPart.exe failed: 0x80070490. The operating system reported error 2147943568: Element not found.

Seems to have solved this myself

I enabled command line on boot image so I could access diskpart.exe. From there I saw that no disk was found.

I put SATA in BIOS in compability mode and tried again and now it works :)

I often have that kind off problem with computers that use network card that is not integrated in boot image (after booting to SCCM PXE and selecting task sequence....computer automaticaly restarts). All you have to do is insert LAN drivers for network card of this computer in boot image.