27 members have voted

1. 1. SCCM is

• impossible to get working
    • easy, i do it all the time
    • i have parts of it working but it's still hard
    • what is SCCM ?
    • i'm learning SCCM right now !

Guest itismike

oh yeah... I'm struggling!! I'm new to enterprise management and don't have SMS or SQL experience, so I feel like there are a lot of aspects of SCCM that I don't understand well. I would like to better understand how SCCM, WSUS, MDK, AIK, WDS, USMT all inter-relate and why they are necessary.

I found a Client Health Structure concept that looks very interesting, and I'm beginning to implement it. We'll see how far I get.

My first app deployment to a pilot group of 30 workstations last week went very well, and I'm hoping to get the chance to scale it up to 1200 in the next week or two. That will be very exciting!

Thanks for this excellent resource anyweb. Your site was recommended to me by a consultant. Wish I found this website before signing that contract!

-Mike

thanks Mike and good luck with implementing it, please let us know how it goes and also feel free to contribute new matter as you learn

cheers

anyweb

thanks Mike and good luck with implementing it, please let us know how it goes and also feel free to contribute new matter as you learn

cheers

anyweb

Just completed my first installation still getting to grips as I have little experience in SMS but good Windows Citrix and VMWare skill set. I find it difficult and tedious to carry out six different actions to achieve minor success but I will post as I learn new stuff.

Billy

are you struggling with SCCM ? if so vote here !

add your comments as well !

cheers

anyweb

I'm able to distribute software titles and I've created task sequences, but I'm really limited to my access. I didn't set up our server so I've got quite a bit of playing and asking for permission stuff going on. I'm enjoying it so far.

Well mine was a funny story.

This started around Feb 2010

We already got an SMS admin on our company and i started out of curiosity to learn what is new on SCCM since i had no idea how to deploy and everything....was driven so much with it, and we where on the middle of major deployment of Office 2007 in our company ,which we haven't done that before with a major program and i step up to help on it...

As we found out we where using SMS DPs in an incorrect way to do the work...

Ended up having a super smooth deployment of Office which was a great success and somehow got the title of SCCM admin tongue.gif

To sum up i really love the concept of SCCM and i believe now that i got to know it, has become my right hand tool for almost everything!

In the next months i will start deploying Windows 7 and i am in the process of changing the way our imaging procedure works ( will start using SCCM ) so thats another challenge for our SCCM.

PS. Your guides where the first steps on my SCCM journey so i take this opportunity to thank you Niall smile.gif