Dsbloom

Task Sequence appears to be partitioning my USB drive (the boot media)?

Question

Hello,

I am using SCCM 2012 SP1 Beta, with MDT 2012 Update 1. I have an MDT task sequence to deploy our reference image. This TS works on my VM, and works on a laptop when booted from a CD.

When I boot the same media from USB (on a new Ultrabook that doesn't have an optical drive), the TS fails very early, when partitioning the disk (before the UDI Wizard comes up), and then my USB stick needs to be re-formatted, and I need to copy the boot media files onto it again.

I have done this three times now, and I am thinking that my TS is seeing my USB drive as disk 0 and formatting it?

EDIT: After booting up from the USB drive I ran DISKPART, and diskpart does not see any fixed disks. That could be my problem. Any ideas as to why that could be? Storage drivers on my boot image? This Ultrabook does have an SSD. Wonder if that matters?

3 answers to this question