priddy

Task sequence restarts...

Hi all,

Iv been struggling to get the task sequence to run using SCCM2012. After the second F12 the boot image loads. Then the task sequence loads but restarts a couple minutes later. Iv enabled the F8 function and the machine gets an ip address a few seconds after the loading task sequence box goes.

Im pretty sure its not the drivers as im using the same drivers that work fine with SCCM 2007 - iv also downloaded the storage and network drivers from both Dell and Intel. Saying that iv booted a machine in Hyper-v and that works fine, but im fully out of driver ideas.

I read somewhere that fastport might be needed to be enabled on the switch, this didnt work.

The errors from the smst.log on the client read:

Failed to download pxe variable file. Code(0x00000001) TSPxe 11/10/2012 09:21:00 816 (0x0330)

PxeGetPxeData failed with 0x80004005 TSPxe 11/10/2012 09:21:00 816 (0x0330)

HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(dwError), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmbootstrap\tsmbootstraputil.cpp,1370) TSPxe 11/10/2012 09:21:00 816 (0x0330)

Full log attached.

Some please help!!

Cheers.

Ben

smsts.log

Hi, i deleted some drivers in the boot image with the name virtual in them. Then i booted the computer and it worked to my surprise. Tried to run it again after the task sequence had ran and it failed at the same point, so im back to square one pretty much. Iv tried deleting computer, collection and task sequence out of sccm but that didnt work.

Hi

Hi, i deleted some drivers in the boot image with the name virtual in them

The standard boot image that comes OOB with the SCCM install is suffice for booting a VM...you do not need to add any drivers to the boot.wim in order to get a Virtual Machine to boot into PXE.......it is only some physical machines that need the NIC drivers injected into the boot.wim for a successful PXE boot. Did you inject the DELL winPE3.0 driver package into both x86 and x64 boot.wims?