Matt

Report updates?

Question

I am currently using this canned report:

Report Name: Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs

Category: Software - Companies and Products

I'm using it to track the installs of our Netbackup client, and it works, kinda.

My problem is that im currently rolling out this client to all the servers that don't have it, and it seems to take 15+ hours before this report updates with the new installs.

I can't seem to figure out where I need to update the poll/cycle time so that these refresh faster and will show up as registered in add/remove programs. I assumed that it was the software policy but i increased that to update every 2 hours but it still takes forever for my new installs to show up in this report.

Anyone know what i might have missed?

3 answers to this question

try updating your hardware inventory client agent schedule time to every hour or so for a test.

does it help ?

Ok, i switched that to 1 hour - but would the hardware inventory client update the software add/remove programs stuff?

i know it sounds crazy but i heard it from a good source, try it and tell me does it help., if not we'll investigate

more info >

Below is a list of agents, some new and some old which are configurable in SCCM 2007 Beta. I’ll guess that many of these will not change between this version and the final, but wanted to give a heads up on the agents that are configurable. The only thing I’m still a bit confused on is that the first 3 agents are combined into the new Device Client Agent. I’m not sure if the first 3 are going to only be used for SMS 2003 clients and then Device Client Agent only for SCCM clients. I can see that being the configuration, but don’t see it in the documentation so far. More to come on that as I figure it out.

Hardware Inventory Client Agent – Once enabled, determines what schedule to perform an inventory of hardware. Includes both hardware and installed software inventory. Default = 7 days