Special Ed

Error in state restore

I'm running SCCM 2007 R3, USMT 4.0.

I'm migrating User data from an XP machine to a new Win 7 install on a different machine. (side by side migration) And I've got my Stat MIgration Point configured, with a computer association configured. The user capture appeared to work just fine, as a data capture did happen.

I'm running an UDI /MDT task sequence from MDT 2012 UP1 with almost no changes to the default settings that MDT would build when you create the TS to install the OS and restore the user data.

When I run the task sequence to install the OS, and restore the user data, I get a "Failed to Run the action: Request State Store. Unknown Error (error: 00004005; source; unknown)" error.

Can someone help me figure out what could be causing this for me? It's as if the system can't find the user data, or it doesn't know about the State Migration point. The UDI user state windows doesn't have an option for 'use the SCCM Migration point" so we leave it set to "No Data to Restore", but is there a way to tell the UDI to use the Migration point as the data source on the "User State Page" in a UDI.