ogeccut

Proper way to Advertise TS?

Question

I keep getting the error that there is no TS available for this computer. I have to manually delete it from SCCM "07". Right now i have TS advertised to all unknown computers. I am thinking this could be an issue?

What is the proper way to account for new and rebuild clients?

Thank you.

8 answers to this question

Hi,

Option 1:

Create a Collection used for OS Deployment and advertise the Task Sequence to that Collection, put the client computer in the collection and reinstall it.

Use a script something like this perhaps to remove the computer from the collection after a Succesful OSD. http://ccmexec.com/2012/07/remove-from-collection-and-clear-pxe-flag-vbscript-using-status-filter-rule/

Option 2:

Make an optional advertisement to all computers and set a requirement that it can only be run on an OS you don't have in your environment. That way the clients will not execute the TS within Windows but when you PXE boot a computer you can press F8 to boot to SCCM and reinstall the computer as the requirements are not evaluated during PXE boot.

Regards,

Jörgen

I created a collection for Win7OSD, and populated with my test PC's MAC's. Now sometimes i get a TS and sometimes i still get no TS is available. When i try to delete MAC's from the collection i am not able to add them back since its not found in all system collection. Any reason why it is not added to all systems?

Thank you.

What can i do if computer object has been deleted and i can not see the advertised ts? should it be resolved as a new computer and pick up advertisement from "All unknown computers"?

Do you mean delete membership do you mean from the collection?

Thank you.

Hi,

You should delete the membership of the collection, if you right click and select delete on the computer it will be deleted from the SCCM 2012 database as Niall wrote.

If you deleted the computer you can either start it again it will register automatically again or as you wrote treat it as a "Unknown computer" and reinstall it using a deployment to the unknown computers collection.

regards,

Jörgen