anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 8. Deploying Applications

Ok, I've successfully deployed an application to 3 different computers. However on one of the computers I'm getting an error that says the application was not detected following installation. On closer examination I've found that the time last modified on the application executable has been changed. My detection rule is looking for a time of 11:58:04 and on the problem system the modified time is 8:58. On the two successful systems the time and date modified are as I expected.

How would this have gotten changed? Do I even need to specify the time?

All and any comments greatly appreciated.

WD

Hello, I have this scenario.. I am not sure if I can execute this with application or package..

I have to install an application (MSI installer) but after that I need to run a batch file.

The batch file is to delete some desktop shortcuts after install and register the settings of the app in the registry.

I know that I can create an application.. but how can I make my batch script works on this situation?

PS.

I am successful in creating a package for this, but I wanted to know, if I can do this with Application.

Thank you.

So I have succesfully deployed googlechromestandaloneenterprise.msi to 1 of my device collections. I deployed it as required. Now I want to uninstall it, but I get a little stuck on this.

I created the application with automatically detect information, but I am starting to think that that is where I went wrong.

Hi everyone

I'm having an issue with the deployment types. When I want to open the properties of the deployment type, I get the following error.

post-29066-0-08945800-1426065395_thumb.png

I've already searched it on Google but there wasn't much that could really help me.

Does anybody know what to do with it?

Kind regards

So I have succesfully deployed googlechromestandaloneenterprise.msi to 1 of my device collections. I deployed it as required. Now I want to uninstall it, but I get a little stuck on this.

I created the application with automatically detect information, but I am starting to think that that is where I went wrong.

I prefer to do my uninstalls with a simple batch file and msiexec /x {program ID} /q. I create them as packages and simply just deploy it out running the batch file.

When you do the uninstall using the application in SCCM it has to download the entire data package before running it. In the case of an office 2013 uninstall that would be over 700MB of data just to do something that a simple batch file can kick off without the traffic.

Hi there,

I have already created applications for 10-15 of our departments student programs. (Have yet no PXE boot setup). But the task sequence deployment without the OS installation related steps works on a test PC for all those apps. Only WinCAPS stays hanging.

Any idea?

Here a screen shot:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NikolaiDomaev/posts/95J9nnUyZDr?pid=6145723250945665810&oid=105423082301795763897

Just tried to create a Package instead of an Application but got this: 0x87d00215 (and WinCAPS silent install also just hangs):

Edit: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NikolaiDomaev/posts/14k43RwYJda?pid=6145731841109671378&oid=105423082301795763897

end edit.

Looking at this right now: http://adminsccm.blogspot.be/2013/06/failed-to-get-dp-locations-as-expected.html

Maybe it has some handy suggestion.

Or anyone any idea? :)

Thanks.

BH

For the application you have named WINCAPS. Does it work normally outside of a task sequence for OSD?

You should be able to install it as a normal application first before you try to put it into a OSD Task Sequence. If it is not installing as a normal application then see if there are some advanced options for the quiet switch or test it without the switch and see if you are getting an error due to some other requirement that it is needed.

For instance MalwareBytes Enterprise Edition requires .Net 3.5 to be installed and won't install without it. Running the application with a quiet switch you don't get the error prompting you about how you need .Net 3.5.

I havent tried yet to deploy this application outside of a task sequence.

And yes ofcourse i am able to install it manually using a wizard/mouse.

Also if a fire up CMD on a client PC and type there the name of the program WinCAPS installer.exe following with /s and or /s /v/qn it does install succesfully. The application does require .NET for normal functioning. But it does not ask and/or install it during the manual and/or command line installation of the WinCAPS. And yes i have already tried installing .NET prior to pushing WinCAPS. Doesnt help. Always hangs with system center no matter if i use Application or Aplication to start a CMD script with the silent command or Package. Always the same. It downloads it starts the installation process and hangs. I also already tried /norestart silent option/key.

I have contacted supplier of the product and they told me they will send me the new version of the program with the silent installation instructions as soon as we pay the support contract fee. Its in the progress. But i still wanted yet to try WinCAPS as a Package. Because i am not sure if we are going to switch to the new version right away.