Phred

Using an older winpe in SCCM 2012

Hi all -

I'm running SCCM 2012 SP1. I tried booting an old machine that I have, I work in a school district so we have lots of old machines around, and it wouldn't boot with v6.2 of winPE. I'm going to need to be able to boot some old machines (PentiumM machines and such) and reimage them.

I've tried adding the boot wims from my SCCM2007 install, but it keeps giving an error message that the wim is not finalized.

I have WAIK installed on the SCCM 2012 server and it has version 6.1 of winPE, but when I create a new wim, SCCM2012 gives the same error that the wim has not been finalized. I even followed MS's instructions at:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh397288.aspx

Has anyone been successful in getting an older winPE installed in SCCM2012?

or will this never happen?

Thanks,

Is it not a matter of injecting the winPE driver for you machine in question into the boot.wim to get it to boot?

I have tried importing a boot.wim and get the same message as you, but as I mentioned above it is about getting the corect drivers injected into the boot.wims. Have you tried sourcing the NIC drivers for these models and inject them into the boot.wim?