crane_IT

Connect to MDT without RDP

Question

Currently, we have about 7 people who will RDP into the deployment server to add PC's to the database for imaging. For the most part, this was done because an annoyingly large portion of my day was spent adding systems to the database during our PC refresh where we were imaging 15-20 systems per day. I got so busy with that, I decided to expand the access. The problem I'm seeing now is that with RDP, we can only have 3 people max logged in at once and then you have to kick someone off. As the admin. I went to great pains to show people what to do when logged in so they didn't screw things up and to NEVER, under any circumstances, kick me out. Keeping in mind that they are IT people. Anyway, lately, I've been kicked out while updating linked deployment shares and it's frustrating that I have to go back in and lose all my stuff. So, my question. Can I set something up so that they don't RDP in and they can just add PC's to the database and nothing else? Can it be done through an MMC console and if so, how?

1 answer to this question

Kimmyel,

Thanks for the reply. Are those 2 different solutions, or is it one solution?

Like, you can either create a TS host, OR you can connect remotely, or are you saying you can connect remotely by creating a TS host. If so, do you have a link I can follow to do it? I appreciate the reply!