dobsonl

Windows 7 64Bit Capture Fails

Hi

Has anybody seen this error before when capturing a windows 7 SP1 64bit image? It doesn't seem to make any difference if I run the task sequence on a Virtual machine or a physical machine

The logs dont say anything, unless im looking at the wrong one.... which could well be the case as still relativly new to SCCM

post-17897-0-46557700-1350552284_thumb.png

Thanks in advance

Luke

this error can happen if hardware is faulty...HDD etc.(the TS is unable to access the HDD)..but if it is happening on a Virtual Platform also then I'd say you can rule this out.....have you configured your Network Access Account?

Also take a look at this http://social.techne...8b-6895fa83275c

Hi,

I have checked the network access account and this is fine, i dont think its hard drive problems as the error arrives on a virtual machine and 2 different physical machines...

As far as I can see it downloads the install files, then goes to the "applying image" stage then the blue windows 7 setup wallpaper appears briefly and that is where it fails, I have attached the log.

Thank you for your advice so far :)

smsts.log - just looking at why its not picked the drivers up, would this likely be the problem?

Luke

Just right click on the boot.wim.....properties and drivers tab... this should give you a list of all drivers that have been added to them!

Dont forget to update the DPs afterwards in the event of injecting any new drivers to them