vessthus

Failed to connect to SMSPXEIMAGE$

Question

Hi there!

I'm stuck at a problem and need some tips from you guys :)

When I deploy OS to a client Windows PE starts up but the installation never starts and the client reboots. Never having problem with this before and I dont remind that I have changed any settings, we didint have any problem with installations last month.

the following error message shows in the smsts.log

Trying to connect to boot image share

Attempting to connect to "\\SERVERNAME-SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL\SMSPXEIMAGES$\SMSPKG\SA100001". TSPxe 2012-10-18 13:51:50 1340 (0x053C)

Retrying download...

And afer some retrys it says

Failed to connect to \\SERVERNAME-SCCM.DOMAN.LOCAL\SMSPXEIMAGES$\SMSPKG\SA100001

Looks like something is wrong with the bootimage?

But what makes me really confused is that I did get a client to work erday I tried to create a new boot image but didnt get it workin, when I switched back to my old one. One client completes a full installation with my OS and I hope that the problem is gone. When I clear the last PXE-advertisment och restart the client the same error is back.

What I've have tried

• Reinstall the PXE service point
  • re-entered the nretwork access acount
  • Tried differents PC's
  • Can access the share "SMSPXEIMAGE$" manually with the NAA-account

Do anyone have an idea of what this can be or what to do?

Attacthing the smstslog, I have replaced our domain namne with "xx" if you wonder.

Thanks

smsts.log

3 answers to this question

When I clear the last PXE-advertisment och restart the client the same error is back.

Are you deploying to Unknown computers?

If so then this is the reason as to why your machine will not PXE again after the 1st successful build...it is known to SCCM now......if this is the case just delete the system account from the SCCM Database/console and try again!

Are you deploying to Unknown computers?

If so then this is the reason as to why your machine will not PXE again after the 1st successful build...it is known to SCCM now......if this is the case just delete the system account from the SCCM Database/console and try again!

You mean if I use the option "Enable unknown computer support" in the PXE-service? Or to the Collections "All unknown computers" The answers is no on both.

Have you tried just pushing out an OSD TS to a live OS without using PXE? Deploy the OS to a collection and force the clients on the machines to pull the machine policy(just to speed it up).

Have you specified to deploy the boot image from the PXE service point also?