Maj

Scheduled Task on domain computer

Hi,

I am unable to see the scheduled tasks on domain computer when accessing them over the network , only printers icon appears . This happens in windows serer 2008 and Vista only as i am able to view, edit them etc from windows server 2003 , any suggestions please?

thanks.

hi i confirmed that the firewall is off on both clients and servers , as i said im able to access them from any windows 2003 server. could it be not supported becuase windows 2008 and vista have something called task scheduler which is different ?

they are on windows xp domain computer .the windows 2008 is the domain controller , the windows 2003 is the other dc.these tasks are created automaticaly using the new group policy (Control Panel Settings) introduced in windows 2008.

I use them to create tasks that would shutdown the computers at specific time everyday and i also create other tasks to execute a script to backup data to remote locations etc. I need to access these over the network to verify they exist , sometime i need to modify or create a specific task quickly.

its just like how u add a printer on a client pc using the printers share.

ok i see it, so are you saying that you create a task in there as a gp, role it out and it doesnt happen on the XP box ? or am I misunderstanding you ?

ok finally i understand your problem.....

is this XP machine definetly joined to the domain, which domain is it joined to (2k3 or 2k8) ?

cheers

anyweb