TedLarsen

Help! Accidental OS deploy to the wrong Device Group-How to kill?

Made a dramatic error while testing a mandatory OS deploy, and it got applied to an unintended device group. A couple of these systems already checked in with SCCM and the OS deploy started. I was able to shut the systems down before any damage was done, and I immediately took the SCCM server offline to stop the bleeding. I'm now ready to clean up my mess, but I'm afraid to spin the SCCM server back up in fear of more deployments starting before I can kill the deployment in SCCM console. Any good safe ideas on how I can start SCCM, connect to the Site DB and kill the deployments before any clients check in and start the deploy? Thanks for any help!

yet another reason why i dont do Mandatory deployments without serious safety measures in place (password protect the task sequence)

1. How to set a password on PXE boot

Setting a password to avoid accidental Operating System Deployment

2. How can I password Protect a Task Sequence ?

Password Protecting a Task Sequence

if you already know what systems have received the advertisement then deal with them

if the clients have received the mandatory policy then they will run the task sequence, and usually that means reboot, then format...

but as regards the server, you could disconnect it from the network, then power it back on, and once up disable the task sequence (do not delete it)

read the following article for some ideas

http://www.niallbrad...ish-you-hadn-t/

Thanks anyweb. Is there anyway to launch the console without having the network enabled? I disabled the network card, but I can't launch the SCCM console to do any disabling/changing of the deployments. I don't want to take any chances of any clients connecting before I can troubleshoot. I already deleted (I think anyway) the deployment before I shut down the server. Only 4 machines received the advertisement that I'm aware of, and I was able to clean those up before the OS deployed. No other machines on the network have shown any activity since I shut down the server, or indicated that they have received an advertisement.