HSChronic

SCCM 2012 SP1 beta collection variables greyed out

I went to modify my unknown systems collection today to add the OSDComputername variable to it and the ability to add new variables is greyed out. I am the only user on this configmgr server and I am a full admin so it isn't a permissions issue unless it is something with out of the box permissions.

ConfigMGR 2012 SP1 beta running on:

Server 2012 RTM

SQL Server 2012 CU2 (remote)

the server is working fine, just this one odd thing I noticed.

Create a new collection and leverage direct membership of the Unknown Computer object type. You don't have to worry about selecting any "sub properties", just select Unknown Computer from the drop down and then put "%%" in the text box at the bottom. This will aggregate the unknown computer objects for you to select and place into the new collection that you can modify the collection properties on and thus allow you to create the OSDComputerName variable needed to rename the computer in the TS.