Dom

PatchDownloader.log Missing

Question

Hello,

I read this:

PatchDownloader.log

Provides information about the process for downloading software updates from the update source specified in the software updates metadata to the download destination on the site server.

Note

On 64-bit operating systems and on 32-bit operating systems without Configuration Manager 2007 installed, PatchDownloader.log is created in the server logs directory. On 32-bit operating systems, if the Configuration Manager 2007 client is installed, and on the synchronization host computer for the Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates, PatchDownloader.log is created in the client logs directory.

but unfortunately I could not find the log file on the server either on the client???

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

5 answers to this question

is the SUP role installed and configured on your SCCM server ?

Yes I am able to download software updates from Internet to the DP so far... I am stuck to go further... access denied...

sounds like share permissions problem, have you resolved this ?

yes but I don't know how... :(

it seems I ran another step at once and the file was created... do you know which step creates the file?

Thanks

there are two ways of creating the files

right click on updates listed in your search folders and choose DEPLOY or DOWNLOAD

download.JPG

either way will 'provision' the updates locally, and the provisioning process is basically making a copy of said files within the SCCM hierarchy,

note that if your permissions are ok that it may take some time for the WSUS server to actually download the updates to make them available for use to sccm,

in other words, if wsus hasnt downloaded them yet then they cannot be provisioned

cheers

anyweb