Dom

Software Updates - The Network path was not found

Question

Hello,

Trying to deploy Software Updates but it always failed with the same error "The Network Path was not found".

Where should it be configured? I think it is an error in our settings but could not find the place where to set it. I am trying to download from the Microsoft...

I attached screenshot of the path I followed..

Thanks,

Dom

Software_Update_Download___03.zip

9 answers to this question

the error message means it cannot locate the actual update file from the path you have provided, so are you telling the update process to grab its updates from another WSUS server and path ? or is your SCCM server hosting the wsus sup ?

i need to know more about how you are doing this before understanding the reason you are seeing the error

the error message means it cannot locate the actual update file from the path you have provided, so are you telling the update process to grab its updates from another WSUS server and path ? or is your SCCM server hosting the wsus sup ?

i need to know more about how you are doing this before understanding the reason you are seeing the error

WSUS and SCCM are on the same server only the DB is on another server. The SUP is on the common server WSUS, SCCM.

I read it now but I will have to try it on site tomorrow as it is excellent, detailed and I don't want to miss something again

Thanks alot

Dom

Good Morning,

I am on the page 15/47 "Create a Patch List".

Update Repository > Run Synchronization has been sucessfully completed...

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description Thread ID Process ID

Information Milestone MED 2/12/2009 7:47:42 AM CONFIGMGR1 SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6702 SMS WSUS Synchronization done. 4896 2644

Then I noticed that the search folders:

- Monthly Search

- 2008 Patches

have been populated but not the search folders:

- Windows Server 2003

- Windows XP

Any comments?

Thanks

Serach_Folders___03.zip

the first sync takes time, you need to be patient

you can verify the syncs progress by looking at your SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER logs (in your sites system status/site status/component status)

the first sync takes time, you need to be patient

you can verify the syncs progress by looking at your SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER logs (in your sites system status/site status/component status)

I did it three times now in test and I am ready to proceed in production now. BUT I was not able to populate anything using the "Description" field all my queries are with the "Title" field now. Could I have a wrong character somewhere? the site is in US English only.

Thanks,