tmiller_hockey

User Affinity/Last Login Info

I posed this question originally as a report question but figured I'd lay it out a different way in this one.

Here's a scenario we encounter:

Student Laptop gets stolen. We need to determine when the last time the machine was seen on the network and who the last person that was logged into it is.

We have user affinity enabled based on the following parameters shown in the attachment.

When searching the device and selecting primary user, it will display the primary user information which is good. After right clicking the listing in the column and selecting "Edit Primary Users" there is a section in the resulting dialog box that has an area for users who've logged into the machine in the past 90 days which is blank. See attachment 2.

Why is this information not available and is there a way we can obtain it?

post-14548-0-01244500-1351259383_thumb.jpg

post-14548-0-51572700-1351259523_thumb.jpg

Actually it is a valid CM12 question when you consider the above image which should display logon information for the last 90 days. I know AD has the Last Login and Last Login Timestamp which often differ quite a bit. In this particular case the difference between them is 4 days.

Also, some of my machines do display info in the image shown for users within the last 90 days. I'm leaning towards this being a user affinity problem as when it is set it is forcing the primary user of the device in and not worrying about anything else.