P.Keen

I need Help Urgently!!

Hi,

I'm having trouble what I have is a TS that basically maps a drive to where our image is (not .wim) and it applies using the HP tool to apply it. This tool when it is complete shuts down the computer. Which is normal behaviour for the tool and it works fine however when I login after it is turned back on and reconfigured its self (sysprep etc) it is trying to rerun the advertisement, presumably because SCCM thinks it failed because the tool shut it down and SCCM was not aware of what happened. I have set the deployment to

'"never rerun deploymed programs" , scheduled as "ASAP" "download content locally when needed by task sequence" "show task sequence progress" I fail to see what it is still trying to run?

Any ideas?

I have confirmed that only one TS is advertised to that collection and only one device entry exists in SCCM 2012 under all systems (if this wasnt the case then it wouldnt deploy to start with).

I fail to see why a OSD task sequence which just ran on the machine (PXE into winpe) is trying to run again when I log into it even though I have set "dont rerun if failed"

EDIT: Update I have checked sccm 2012 monitoring (althought the TS gets cut off from sccm in the middle of it becasue the hp tool shuts down the pc) it shows under "unknown" tab the computer name and "program will not rerun" however it is trying to rerun, I dont understand.

can you attach the smsts.log(s) here please, the only thing that should shutdown the computer is the task sequence, not another 3rd party tool, this may be leaving your task sequence in a state where it thinks it hasnt finished yet

I will try and get you the log. I think your right a mate of mine is thinking the same thing and I think you are right.

The tool shuts down the thin client because thats just how the tool works and is 100% normal behaviour for it to do that. I just need a way so that config mgr 2012 doesn't try and rerun.

I have moved this all across from 2007 environment same tool and everything but it didnt previously try and run when deployed from 2007, but having said that I'm not 100% sure that those clients were "active" after deploying the image from 2007.

can you attach the smsts.log(s) here please, the only thing that should shutdown the computer is the task sequence, not another 3rd party tool, this may be leaving your task sequence in a state where it thinks it hasnt finished yet

Trying to get the logs but now I have this problem http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6788-pxe-works-once-but-then-not-again/ man sccm 2012 has been a major headache so far :(

Ok so now that PXE is working I will get you a log.

Instead of mapping a drive and running the command from that mapped drive. I took the advice from a mate and created a package instead, This package contains a script which runs the same command as the map drive TS how ever it fails with 0x000000032.

I set the program for that package to allow config mgr to restart hoping that when the HP tool applies and shuts down the terminal that config mgr would understand what happened and not try to finish-rerun the TS, I have tried map drive for the package and also unc path.

Any other ways to trick SCCM that the TS finished succesfully or return the correct exit code?

EDIT: Can't get a log because X: is lost when the HP tool shuts down the machine.

0x000000032 means unsupported, in other words you are trying to do something in WinPE that should be done in windows (or vice versa) or you are doing an action that is not possible in that version of windows

but without the log it's hard to tell...

This topic is really two parts.

1) How to trick config mgr 2012 so that it believes it shutdown correctly and doesnt try to rerun when windows is configured

2) Take the other approach and apply the image using a package which I'm currently getting an error 0x800000032 (anyweb explains the meaning)

Option 1 is my preferred route as it is working perfectly except for the deployment part from config mgr. If i could trick it so that it think it finished succesfully that would be golden. Failing that I think my only option is to make a script that removes the thin client from that collection and therefore having no deployment for it which I hope it doesn't get to that stage.