anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 9. Deploying Monthly Updates

Please help... Give the resolution to overcome this missing updates and get them installed in client machines

We are not achieving 96% of SLA compliance. Pls help

hi

you really should raise NEW posts when you have questions like this instead of tacking on your questions onto the end of a 'related' thread

but to your question, those 'missing' updates are missing because the client needs them, therefore is the client computer in a collection that is targetted with those missing updates ? if not, then create a SUG with those updates and deploy it to a collection that contains these computers.

This tutorial seemed to skip right over the "Download Location" settings. While most of the topics that have come up in the many replies to this tutorial have referenced best practices, I think I have a more basic problem.

My SCCM servers do not have direct Internet access.

I have managed to configure the SUP to sync the updates catalog with an upstream WSUS server. However, when configuring deployments, I am requested to provide the location from which SCCM can actually download those updates. Without direct Internet access, I can't download those updates from Microsoft. I am left with specifying a network share. So where can I point the deployment? Is there a folder on the upstream WSUS server that contains the installable update files? (\WSUS\WSUSContent?) Can I just share that folder and point SCCM to it?

Thanks.

Hi Bill,

Did you find out the answer to your question?

Hello everyone,

I configure a primary server and a secondary server thanks to your post, but I am getting the following error in the wsyncmgr.log

warning: ignoring sync request because there is no active WSUS server configured.

I know that I configured it in the primary server but didn't on the secondary, I don't have a CAS server, i am only using primary and secondary.

do i need to configure sup and wsus on the secondary as well?

Thanks.

Hi Anyweb,

Thanks for the great tutorials. They have been very helpful for me when planning (and now implementing) my SCCM 2012 deployment.

I had one question regarding this tutorial. In your post, you say we need to disable the original ADR after creating it. That's fine, and is what I've done, but I'm curious as to why we can't just delete the original ADR instead of disabling it ? Being a new install, I'm trying to keep the console as clean & clutter free as possible, so if I can delete the ADR instead of disabling it without any negative effect, it would be the preferred option.

I have read here someone asking the same question, however I would like to hear your opinion on the matter, if you have time :)

Thanks,

Rumpole

hi, i've amended that statement, you can go ahead and delete the ADR's if you wish, the only reason you'd want to disable them rather than delete is to see what you've created previously, once it's deleted you can't do that.

Hello everyone,

I'm currently having a headache with SCUP. We used to have SCCM 2007 with WSUS (not SCUP) which was working fine until both server crash. I then decided to follow your guide on how to install SCCM 2012 with SCUP. All my ADR rules work great, the package get new update, they get update on the DP.

My configuration is a standalone Primary Server with all the required role on it, running SCCM 2012 SP1, Server 2012 standard and SQL Server 2012 SP1 Enterprise.

Now, what I don't get is my package was updated yesterday with new updates (both windows 7 updates and endpoint updates). But when I run windows update or software center, there's nothing in it. The first update I saw was 2 minutes ago on my SCCM server and it was for an outdated endpoint update (it downloaded the 1.155.1661.0 definition while the 1.155.1705.0 is available).

All the updates are into a group and package, and those packages are on collection. I've checked and my computer are in that collection.

Is there anyway to solve that?

Can we use both wsus and scup on the server? If I understand now, updates will now be "software" from the software center and not from windows update, right? Can I use windows update for, well, windows update and use SCUP for the reste (real software like quicktime updates, flash updates, etc...)? I feel WSUS was working better then SCUP, unless I don't get the concep.

Also, is there a way to get rid of replaced update?

Thanks

Update:

A little patient and it worked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had configured my environment according to this guide.

SCCM server with WSUS installed. Standalone environment.

- It sync with Microsoft update server and downloaded correctly.

- When ADR runs, it downloads and create the package correctly.

- According to the report, Scan was completed successfully on the client running windows 7.

- States for a deployment and computer report also shows all necessary information correctly.

- checked local gpo and it's been pointed correctly to the sccm2012 server by the SCCM agent.

- Application was deployed to the machine and installed successfully.

However, when I run Software Centre, I do not see any software been published nor can I click on anything to install it.

Is there anything I did wrong or can I check? Thanks heaps.