anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 9. Deploying Monthly Updates

Hi anyweb
I do everything as you said but I have two problems.
1)with my administrator account when I open software center I got an error that it can not connect to the server.
2)when I used push client , my client is not going to get it.even I tried manual install for that and it didn't work.
I will be very grateful if U can help me with this.
my email is nr.nosratinia@outlook.com if U can email me the solution.

First: THANKS for the blog!

I followed instructions and got a final result the systems are updated. I have couple of questions.

1. I found that Software Updates - Windows Server 2012 collections (Automatic, Maintenance and Manual) does not include Hyper-V hosts machines that are running Server 2012. Sure when highlight Devices node all Servers 2012 VMs and hosts are listed. Looks like script for collections creation doesn't look for OS precisely but uses other values.

2. Not related to blog... but related to SCCM.

When highlight Devices node, I see all discovered devices. What is confusing for me that in Client Activity column all devices are shown as Active. But for a last 3 days one of my host is down. So the host and VMs on it are shown Active.

Is it normal? What this Active means?

quick question...

I created new ADR and forgot to save it as template (did it without instructions :) ).

sure not a big deal. But want to ask can I make an existing ADR a template or the only way is to redo?

you can keep the old SUG for reporting purposes as you see fit (to check for compliance etc.) and then delete them when you feel it's ok to do so.

Create ADRs by manual but SUG yjn created. Deployment packeges has 0 updates. After 8 october i change condition last 7 days and run ADR manualy, then SUG created. Whats wrong?

UPDATE

Oh NO!

I think i get.

My SU role was sheduled on 5:50 (UTC+3). So when i look in patch tursday updates properties i see

Released:08.10.2013 20:00

I think this is it.

My WSUS Sync on second tuesday in (utc+3) 5:50 when in USA yet Monday so it not get updates in this day. And ADR not working.

Hi,

Great guides. Saved me a painful learning curve! Thanks.

Back to the patch Tuesday up dates and only getting the last day. Perfectly fine with what that's doing and just picking up the patch tuesday releases.

My question goes back to what was asked before: If MS release a patch between the patch Tuesdays, how do we pick that one up? As far as I can tell, just doing last day would miss those.

What would you recommend to ensure no patches are missed?