surferstylee

Cannot import Dell CAB drivers into SCCM2012

I am attempting to import Dell E6510 CAB drivers into SCCM 2012 but everyone of them fails except for the ST Micro driver. Upon completing the import wizard the failure gives the following error:

The selected file is not a valid Windows device driver.

In the DriverCatalog.log on the SCCM server I see the following:

This driver does not have a valid version signature.

Failed to initialize driver digest. Code 0xe0000102

Is there a setting in SCCM to accept unsigned drivers during the import process or something that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've had the same problem with the E6510 in the beginning. Some drivers cannot be imported into sccm. I know there are some problems with soundcards and biometric devices. For them you need to take the hardware id and search for a more appropriate driver elseware and test if it's the good one.

Not all drivers from the computer brand are good. I know because I had the problem with Dell and Lenovo computers.

For the ST micro driver look for R257449 (version 1.0.0.3), the dell driver works for me. (2007 SP2 R3)

I am attempting to import Dell E6510 CAB drivers into SCCM 2012 but everyone of them fails except for the ST Micro driver. Upon completing the import wizard the failure gives the following error:

The selected file is not a valid Windows device driver.

Is there a setting in SCCM to accept unsigned drivers during the import process or something that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

can you post the link to the CAB file you downloaded and i can test it here

Thank you for the replies gentlemen. The link to the .CAB I was trying to use is: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2090.latitude-e6510-windows-7-driver-cab.aspx

The ST Micro driver in this CAB is the ONLY one that worked for me.Every single driver other than that one failed. I just find it hard to believe that nothing else in that CAB is legit

Niall:

I look forward to your results!!!

From a response to a post i have on TechNet:

I've just downloaded the latest version and imported the drivers to my lab.

All drivers was imported successfully. (I only tested Windows 7 x64 drivers).

What OS version did you import drivers for?

I have not verified he used the same CAB I was trying but I awaiting a reply regarding this. I am going to test other models to see if this is isolated to the E6510

***UPDATE***

So I tried importing the Optiplex 390 CAB and received the same failure for every single driver; however, when importing the Optiplex 380....every driver imported perfectly, except for 1 that failed. This would lead me to believe it to be an issue with the CAB drivers for these particular models.... As soon as I can find out which CAB file and model the gentleman on TechNet was able to successfully import I should be able to validate this.

Kingskawn: Yes, if you are referring to the drivercatalog.log. from initial post:

Oneone Yes, using 7-zip. i thought maybe using a different utility might be part of it but I had complete success with the 380 CAB using the exact same process....