Geniegl

Try to deploy OS to new machines

Hello

I run SCCM 2007 R3, we have these new machines from Lenovo and the Company has always using Lenovo.

I was trying to deploy OS to new machines but it reboot the machine :unsure: i never has this problem by it rebooting. So I tried another machine that is not new it doesnt reboot and starts deploy OS.

the way i go it goes like this: with old machines

starts the PC->press F12->choose network->press F12 again->the WinPE.wim loading->the logo of SCCM shows off and waiting->insert password->choose which OS to install->deploy OS->finish

the way it goes wrong: with new machines

starts the PC->press F12->choose network->press F12 again->the WinPE.wim loading->the logo of SCCM shows off and waiting->the machine reboot-> :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

can someone help me or have this problem, thanks in advance :D :D :D

best regards

Genie from Greenland :ph34r:

No, you don't need to create a new PE. If you are going to image the new model you have probably already imported the drivers and created a new driver package for it. Just pick the appropriate network and storage driver from this package and add them to the PE file. SCCM will reacreate the PE for you.

hmm weird now almost all desktops and laptops (differents models) cant deploy OS

I mark all drivers in "Drivers" and add to boot image, "select all" because i have two image x86 and 64-bit and mark a x on "Update distribution point when finished" then OK. but still cannot deploy to machines even though the maschines are new from the box, still weird :wacko: