Rocket Man

Office 2013 Pro (OCT)

Question

Has anyone successfully managed to succesfully create office2013 via the OCT creating a custom MSP file?

At the configure shortcuts section I want to add shortcuts to the desktop folder but also leave them in start program folder(default) ,Access, PP, Word, Excel and SkyDrive Pro......When I go through the process it throws up a strange alert stating that there is an invalid start in folder??? I cannot continue not unless I punch something into this field.. attachment below

office2013.PNG

I have done this without any errors with office 2010 with the same procedures as attempted above....I do not know what seems to be the problems..... According to technet it states that "Enter a path to specify the default starting folder for the application. If you leave this box blank, the default folder is set to the folder where the destination file resides. If the path is not valid on a user's computer, the user sees an error message when the user tries to use the shortcut."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097(v=office.15).aspx#Additional_content

If i leave it blank it throws up the alert.....is this already a bug with office 2013 or is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks Rocket Man

I have resulted to copying the shortcuts to the public desktop folder via a batch file, all contained within a package.......It is working good so far.....still not sure as to why the above alert is occurring as these are the steps I used for Office 2010...Cheers..

Having the same problem as Rocket Man, and like Rocket Man, used this perfectly in 2010. Been up and down the web and no luck finding a solution.

Anyone else try it? I'm trying to avoid creating a batch file. :unsure:

Not that i have tried it yet. But how about "[ProgramFilesFolder]\Microsoft Office" ? That should be readable for the installer.

http://msdn.microsof...1(v=vs.85).aspx

If someone could try this and give a feedback? We will migrate next year to Office 2013.

Doesn't take that either, Peter33.

I get the same "Invalid start in folder..." error when I try to modify the existing shortcuts. However, if I don't touch any of them and run the setup, the shortcuts are added to the program menu. I ended up using a batch file to drop the shortcuts on the desktop; it works but I don't like using batch files and I don't know how to use VB script.. :(

This is what my batch file looks like:

@echo off

for /f %%i in ("%0") do set curpath=%%~dpi

cd /d %curpath%

REM ********************* Install Office 2013 ***************************************

Setup.exe

REM ********************* Copy Shortcuts ***************************************

xCopy /C /Y "%~dp0Outlook 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"

xCopy /C /Y "%~dp0Word 2013.lnk" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"

OCT3.jpg

It works fine using all other components with OCT just the configure shortcuts component is buggy.......I use the oct the same way as office 2010 bar configuring shortcuts and i have another package with all the office shortcuts in it that I want to copy to the public desktop and to do this i use a batch file, working so far, but would rather have the OCT do it for me!

OK, that sux. But i would rather chain 2 different applications then, to get a decent exit code from the office installation. So just create a new application only holding the script/batch for creating the shortcuts, and make it dependant to the office application.

I think I'm going to change my install to use a seperate install for icons like what you two are doing. If the icon part fails, at leaset the software installs right and I get a nice exit code.

I hope there's a fix to this bug before we start pushing it out to large numbers. This worked very well in Office 2010.

I've found a way around your problem. Under Additional content, instead of going to configure shortcuts, go to Add files. In there, just grab the lnk files you want installed on your desktop from a machine with office already installed and point them to [ROOTDRIVE]\Users\Public\Desktop\ in the location field.

post-18796-0-46249100-1358351502_thumb.png

I hope this helps.