brink668

Distribution Point and No matching records could be found.

Sometimes when I create a package for deployment and get it all setup and ready and then deploy it for advertisement the reporting mechanism shows

"No matching records could be found."

This stays like this no matter what I do, updating distribution point. Destroy package and create entirely from new again the whole process including advertisement.

The only thing that ever fixes this is to copy the contents of the folder and create a new folder and then paste the contents in there. Then create the package and advertisement all over again.

Why does this happen and is there anyway to stop this from occurring?

I have SCCM 2007R2 and trying to get this to work as we aren't moving to SCCM 2012 till SP1 is released.

Thanks,

The only times I've seen this is when the files have a hash mismatch. Resolving it usually comes down to deleting the package and redistributing.

I don't know the cause, or if there is a better resolution. I've seen it rarely and the only correlation I could make was when there were a bunch of files going out to our DPs at the same time (The mismatch only appeared on one of multiple DPs). It is a pain to troubleshoot.

Related article http://aditan.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/sccm-2007-clients-may-report-a-hash-mismatch-when-we-run-a-package-that-has-been-configured-to-download-and-run/