5ean

Another 2007 to 2012 Migration (With Secondary Sites)

Afternoon all.

I've been googling all day but can't find any posts with a similar scenario to us so just looking for some advice.

I've got the new SCCM 2012 Hierarchy in place, migrated collections, content and boundries etc. We currently have several secondary sites in SCCM 2007 which are all vessels out at sea. I want to keep the secondary sites in SCCM 2012 rather than just use a DP as i want to control the bandwidth for them and also use SUP to update machines and software etc.

As it stands, the SCCM 2012 environment is ready to go, but do i need to uninstall the current secondary sites and install the new ones before migrating the clients?

Thanks

Sean

I'm not really worried about using the config mgr 2007 environment, i'm wanting to go straight to the 2012 one.

I think i'll upgrade all the local clients first (In my primary site) and then uninstall the current secondary sites from 07, install the new ones for 12 and then upgrade those clients. Does that sound like it will work?

Thanks

Sean