crane_IT

Linked Deployment Share - Is this best practice?

Question

Ok, currently, I have our Deployment Share on our regular deployment server (MDT001) and I've created a Linked Deployment Share on a network location in our Northern branch. Their x86 Linked Deployment Share boot image is working and all the information seems to be pulling from our database (MDTDB) and populating the information. However, I'm trying to set them up with a x64 boot image for doing our Engineering Workstations, but it just sits and asks for a role. It seems to be seeing it enough to know which roles are available, but it's not seeing my database that tells it which role and which applications to pull from. I thought I've copied all the bootstrap.ini settings from the x86 image that does work, but it's still not working. Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

On a bigger picture, am I using the Linked Deployment Share as it was intended? Should I create a database and store it locally on the remote server in our Northern branch, and if so, how do I do that?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet