dcherry88

Client software install in OS Install task sequence not always installing correctl-y

I'm working with the default client install package during OSD task sequences to install Windows 7 on machines. It seems to be hit and miss whether the client will install correctly. It installs, and continues through the rest of the sequence, attempting to install the other software on the computer but it doesn't successfully install any of it. When the computer is finished, if I look at Configuration Manager options all the components are installed correctly, but it wont list off but 4 Actions to initiate.

-Machine Policy Eval

-Software Updates Deployment Eval

-Software Updates Scan Cycle

-User Policy Eval

What I've had to do on these machines is navigate to my client install folder on my server, uninstall via the client.msi, reboot, then reinstall with ccmsetup manually. I've checked the logs, but I might not be seeing what is going on. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Sounds like your client is stuck in provisioning mode and is unable to finalise the client install to talk back to the MP, this is why your apps are not getting installed. have you tried creating the upgrade client package from definition and distributing to DP and using this??

Also you could try this:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5618-damaged-client-after-setup-no-self-singed-cert/

Running these 2 reg settings on some of my machines that failed to finalise worked after a restart or restart of SMS service on the machines in question.

Rocket Man