anyweb

Advertised Applications are not appearing in Run Advertised Programs

Question

if you find that Advertised Applications are not appearing in Run Advertised Programs on your client, then verify that the computers client is picked up by your SCCM server,

open the collection that the computer is a member of, click on Update collection Membership, then refresh the collection

If the Client=No then you may have client issues, check the following logs for problems on the Client.

Clients won't get any advertisements in the target collection until the collection reflects the fact that the systems are installed as clients (Client = Yes).

First, verify that the SMS Agent Host service is installed and running. If it is, the Advanced Client really is installed. If it doesn’t show up in the All Systems collection, it might be either that the client is not assigned to a site or that the client cannot find the default management point in its assigned site. You can use the Advanced tab of the Systems Management program in Control Panel to verify that the client is assigned to a site. If not, you can configure the site code the client should be assigned to. If it is assigned to a site, view the LocationServices.log on the client (Windows\System32\CCM\Logs) to see if the client was able to retrieve the default management point for the assigned site. It may be that the management point installation failed due to lack of IIS or BITS services being installed prior to the management point role being assigned to the computer.

ClientLocation.log to ensure that they are assigned to a site

LocationServices.log to verify that they have found the default MP

ClientIDManagerStartup.log to verify that they've registered with the site

Ccmexec.log to verify that there are no HTTP errors

if all of the above are ok then consider uninstalling and reinstalling the CCMclient

to uninstall it open a cmd prompt with administrative privaledges and navigate to c:\windows\ccmsetup

ccmsetup.exe /uninstall

Once done, verify it is gone in control panel, wait a few minutes then reinstall it by pushing it via ConfigMgr console.

cheers

anyweb

8 answers to this question

I have noticed two things in my SCCM setup ....take a look at the screenshot (it shows the software package's advertisement's properties):

post-4113-12574523169154_thumb.jpg

If (2) is not checked, The software package does NOT get installed. (I am triple checking this statement)

If (1) is not checked the software package does NOT appear in the run advertised programs list.

1 makes sense to me but 2 does not!

Why does it behave this way? It should install inspite of not customizing the countdown time, right?

Actually, the right location is the ccmsetup.exe is:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccmsetup

if all of the above are ok then consider uninstalling and reinstalling the CCMclient

to uninstall it open a cmd prompt with administrative privaledges and navigate to c:\windows\ccmsetup

ccmsetup.exe /uninstall

Once done, verify it is gone in control panel, wait a few minutes then reinstall it by pushing it via ConfigMgr console.

cheers

anyweb

I am still fighting with this issue. Yesterday it was kinda working. Nothing changed and today it is not working again !

I configured the advertisement with Mandatory Assignment schedule with High priority, Download the content from distribution points and by allowing the users to run the program independently. I have not seen any activity in the log files after running my advertisements.