Canada Jack

SCCM 2007 TS is stop at product key

Hi guys

I used Win 2008 R2+SCCM 2007 SP2 and deploy Win 7 Ultimate. Everything are looks good.

However the TS is always stop at product key, Either input the correct key or click next button, so the TS will complete without any issue.

But I already leave product key as empty in TS setting. So how come it still ask me input the key?

Thanks

Hi guys

New issue is coming up!

Once I switch Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Professional, I need rebuild and capture the image again.

But when I pxe boot from VMware session (I installed VMware workstation 9 in laptop, Win 2008 R2+SCCM 2007 SP2 are install on Desktop), I have an IP and first screen "Windows is starting" with SCCM background loads, but after that I have a black screen and reboot!

I am so shocked! Although it's seem Network driver issue, but I already build and capture Windows 7 Ultimate image! No hardware change!

And it's show Intel network card in VMware, but my laptop has a Realtek NIC. So even I need add NIC driver, which one should I add to boot image?

I spent a couple days for the issue.

Kind regards in advance

How did you configure the network card of your VM? It should be set to bridged networking. Can you resolve the server name and is the IP adress covered by a boundary? Is the system time on your machines in sync?

You need only the vmware drivers for network and storage from the vmware tools.

The NIC is set to bridged networking in VM.

Final I found the problem. One software package location is incorrect in TS, so the deploy process is failed.

When I capture Windows 7 Ultimate image, that package location setting is correct, so everything is OK. After that, I move the package location, but forgot change location in package setting! So when I try capture Windows 7 Professional image, PXE boot is always failed!