ReaperX2112

SMSSIG$ Errors

Hi everyone

I've been struggling with some issues recently, one I mentioned in a previous post 'Sup Bug'. The current problem I'm struggling with is that when I have created packages for the Updates e.g. Server 2008 R2, they aren't being copied to the DP. The errors I get from distmgr.log are:

Failed to set share security on share \\WDS02.thingamy\SMSSIG$. Error = 5

Cannot find or create the signature share.

Error occurred. Performing error cleanup prior to returning.

I checked the permissions which I believe were correct. After that I deleted the folder and uninstalled the DP, restarted the server and reinstalled it with no luck.

Edit: This was all working a week or so ago, I did update to SP1 Beta 1 which I have a feeling has done something unhelpful.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same issue when upgrading to SP1 RTM. Rreinstalling DP/MP did not help. I actually started setting up a new SCCM server and installing SP1 from scratch. Works fine now. Our environment isn't that big so it didn't take as long as for others I'm sure.