Damien

SCCM 2012 upgrade to SCCM 2012 SP1 Final

guys,

Do you think SCCM2012 RTM will supprt a direct upgrade to SCCM 2012 SP1 final , when it's release? or do we need to do a fresh install with SP1?

yes upgrade from RTM to SP1 final will be supported, you'll do it from a top down method in your hierarchy, so cas first, then primaries then secondaries and your clients..

I would have thought so, since RTM supports SP1 beta... but then I don't work for Microsoft! ;-)

It's a good question, RTM and SP1 beta to SP1 final even?

SP1 beta to SP1 final will not be a supported route, SP1 beta is for lab use only (not production)

http://www.niallbrady.com/2012/06/20/how-can-i-upgrade-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/

I thought of revamping home lab with CAS & PRI CM2012 sp1 beta (this weekend). Maybe, I will wait for the final release of sp1 and setup home lab with CAS & PRI.

What do you guys suggest? Should I go ahead revamp the lab with sp1 beta?

I read sp1 final release will be early 2013. That is too long for me to wait.

Planning to get technet pro subscription as well in order to avoid eval version install so, I can keep home lab PERMANENT for learning/testing.