P.Keen

Task Sequence Fails - 3 Steps

hi Rocket Man! Thanks for you reply

this is the first line,

MsiExec.exe /x{1E041DB4-A5B9-45E1-A660-563804Dxxxxx} /norestart /qb

This is where it fails because the script works fine from a mapped drive, but gets the error using psexec and sccm 2012.

How would what you recommend work with that string? and why? what does that do?

psexec -i \\computername MsiExec.exe /x{1E041DB4-A5B9-45E1-A660-563804D0xxxx} /norestart /qb

Why do you need to specify a computername in the uninstall(how will this mass uninstall??)

I will give you an example of a situation i was in before. I implemented SCCM 2012 single site 360 odd PCs. All of them had eset AV on them. I wanted SCEP2010 on them but before I could do this I had to uninstall the ESET.

The steps I took

Went to the all programs folder on a machine that had the ESET on it. Found the uninstaller and opened file location. This pointed to "C:\Program Files\Eset\callmsi.exe" with an entry of {6E071DB4-85B9-45E1-A660-563804D08790}(not really this but this an example)

So I devised a batch file as so

"C:\Program Files\Eset\callmsi.exe" /uninstall {6E071DB4-85B9-45E1-A660-563804D08790} /quiet

I created a package out of this batch file and deployed to all machines. This eventually removed the eset once all machines recieved the ConfiMgr Client and were able to recieve advertisements.

Your MsiExec.exe /x{1E041DB4-A5B9-45E1-A660-563804Dxxxxx} /norestart /qb........how does it know where the location of this is to remove it??

You could a run command line task and point it to the location of the uninstaller with your parameters for example if your uninstaller msi was in the program files folder the run command line could be like this:

c:\Program files\Program directory\uninstall.msi /uninstall {1E041DB4-A5B9-45E1-A660-563804D0xxxx} /norestart /qb

No idea, SCCM is really a great product, works fine from a mapped drive but doesnt work at all using a mapped drive through SCCM 2012. Great product manual install on 75 PCs this weekend :(

Thanks for your great response Rocketman !!! I appreciate it !

what you have to do is find the source of the uninstaller and then point your batch with your parameters as above to it

OR

use a run command line as outlined above.

There are probably more methods but 1st you have to find the location of the uninstaller file be it an exe or an msi!