Steve Smith

Can I use two distribution points with and without pxe-role for Operating System Deployment in SCCM2012?

Question

Hello,

I would like to install a distribution point without a pxe-role on a desktop machine (Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64) and install the pxe-role on another distribution point (Windows Server 2008 R2). Both machines are on the same subnet in a remote office and I need to make the OSD available in the office. Since there is not enough space for applications and packages on the Windows 2008 R2 server, I will need to place all the applications and packages that will be used by the task sequence on the desktop machine (only the boot images will be placed on the server). Will this configuration work? Will the unknown client machine pxe-boot and will it be able to use packages and applications on the desktop machine?

1 answer to this question