Gougy

Program Computer shutdown and wake up

I'm not sure but the wakeup timer might interface with the motherboard wakeup timer. Personally I would test this, keep in mind that it might work on some PC and not others. I think it always works with PCs that are asleep or hibernating. Also keep in mind that OOB can be used to wake up PCs too on top of WOL.

As for shut down this is just normal Power management stuff. The try with CM07/CM12 is that you can set different policy on each collections. Here is what you can set.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/ff977084.aspx

On a collection you can set the wake up time. Also using the power management option it will shut down a computer after a period of inactivity. So why wouldn’t you use CM12 power management option?

As for shut down this is just normal Power management stuff. The try with CM07/CM12 is that you can set different policy on each collections. Here is what you can set.

http://technet.micro...y/ff977084.aspx

I don't see any options in my console for shutdown and there aren't any in the link you provided. Sleep yes, shutdown no.

In my case, I need the on the fly ability to shutdown computers due to Energy Management which is why the console extensions work for me.

or use a script that will initiate a third party shutdown tool at certain times

as for starting them back up again at a certain time not a clue, but of the top my head you could create a dummy package with WOL enabled on it to run at specific times say 9am every day Mon-Fri...it should work in theory.

• Like 1

We have just been tasked with rebooting 300 machines over 5 nights between 2am and 4am only doing 10 at a time - The easiest way I have found so far is by creating a Device Folder (SCCM 2012) Caled Reboots, 5 Subfolders Called Mon - Fri and in each folder there are 5 collecions 2am 2:30am 3am etc and in each collection there are 10 machines, the way we have done the reboots is to create a task sequence simply to reboot the PC and set it on a recurring schedule deployed to each collection.

This works although I am not convinced it is the best idea, can anyone think of an easier way? (Right Click Tools do not work in our organisation as UAC is enabled via group policy)