ogeccut

Adding new Boot Image to SCCM OSD

I am trying to a new Boot.wimx86 image to SCCM 2007. Keep getting an error:

The specified file can not be imported. Please make sure that the file is not read only and you have read and write access to it.

I am logged in as a full admin. I tired adding full rights to everyone including the computer name to the directory where i have boot.wim file.

When i try to create a boot image from MDT: Create boot image using MDT i get an error:

While importing MDT toolkit task sequence.

Started processing.

Creating boot image.

Generating boot image.

Capturing new boot image WIM file.

Copying WIM image to package source directory.

Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.

Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException: The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.Put(ReportProgress progressReport)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlResultObject.Put(ReportProgress progressReport)

at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.Controls.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data)

After Further troubleshooting it seems that i have 2 separate issues:

1. I am getting an error when i try to create a new mdt boot image.

2. I also get an error when i try to add a new boot.wim file. I open add boot image wizard and point to my boot.wim file. I can see it creates a GUID file same size as my boot.wim file in the same folder as a wim file i selected and wizard completes with an error:

Error: Errors

The specified file can not be imported. Please make sure the file is not read only and you have read and write access to it.

I am trying to a new Boot.wimx86 image to SCCM 2007. Keep getting an error:

The specified file can not be imported. Please make sure that the file is not read only and you have read and write access to it.

I am logged in as a full admin. I tired adding full rights to everyone including the computer name to the directory where i have boot.wim file.

When i try to create a boot image from MDT: Create boot image using MDT i get an error:

While importing MDT toolkit task sequence.

Started processing.

Creating boot image.

Generating boot image.

Capturing new boot image WIM file.

Copying WIM image to package source directory.

Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.

Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException: The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.Controls.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data)

After Further troubleshooting it seems that i have 2 separate issues:

1. I am getting an error when i try to create a new mdt boot image.

2. I also get an error when i try to add a new boot.wim file. I open add boot image wizard and point to my boot.wim file. I can see it creates a GUID file same size as my boot.wim file in the same folder as a wim file i selected and wizard completes with an error:

Error: Errors

The specified file can not be imported. Please make sure the file is not read only and you have read and write access to it.

I am having the same problem, did you manage to fix this problem?