drewa

Config Mgr 2012 vs Dotnet 1.1

Hi Everyone-

This is my first time posting here, but I visit this site almost every day and always find good info, so hopefullly you can help me uncover some of the issues i have created for myself.

I have a single server SCCM environment that was working well to deploy software, manage endpoint protection and handle computer images/pxe boot through WDS. Yesterday, I installed the Dotnet 1.1 framework on the server as a prereq for some other software, and everything blew up. My event log filled with IIS errors 2274 and 2268 over and over again. I ripped out Dotnet 1.1, but that really didn't help.

My current issues:

Application Deploy has stopped working. I can setup deployments all day long but my clients don't see them.

PXE/WDS and SCCM are not communicating

My troubleshooting steps to this point:

Ripped out Dotnet 1.1

Uninstalled all roles (IIS & WDS)

Repaired Dotnet 4.0

Reparied MDT

Removed the Distribution point role from my server

Reinstalled IIS and WDS

Re-added the DP role

Notes:

At this point, I can boot from PXE if I manually put the boot.wim in to the boot folder of the WDS console, but it fails to connect to SCCM and reboots after WinPE is loaded

I did point the WDS role to my D:\remoteinstall folder (the one I have used all along)

I am worried about other side effects that I have not yet realized. SCCM uses IIS (WebDav) to manipulate AD, correct? What other things did I break?

There are so many log files, i have no idea which ones are valuable and which ones are going to send me off chasing my tail.

I really, really, really, really wish i had made a snapshot of the SCCM server before installing Dotnet 1.1

Thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.